Periode:04.09.2019 til 04.09.2019
Tidspunkt:ons 10:00 - 15:00
Underviser:TESOL, PhD Stuart Wright
Sted:Gothersgade 14, 1. Sal
Modul 1 - Introduction to Cambridge English Advanced
This course is for those of you who would like to teach Cambridge English at your school, but have no idea where to start.
Perhaps your school has already been offering Cambridge, but it's your first time teaching it, or perhaps both you and your school are offering Cambridge for the first time.
This course will - step-by-step - walk you through what the Cambridge Advanced exam looks like.
On this course, we will discuss how Cambridge works and what it means for your students to take an international Cambridge exam. We will analyze a sample exam certificate and discuss the value of a Cambridge exam.
We will also examine the correlation between Cambridge and the Danish system and discuss how you can adapt your teaching experience to the Cambridge system.
The main aim for the day is to work through each of the four main areas of the exam: speaking, writing, listening, and reading & use of English.
This will give you a solid understanding of these skill areas and the way they are presented in the exam.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Explain the exam process and parameters to your students, including the value of the exam certificate.
- Understand the foundation of the Cambridge course, which is to prepare for the exam.
- Know what is expected from the students in order to pass the exam.
- Understand how to approach teaching a Cambridge course and be ready to start looking at the textbook.
By the end of the course, you will be ready for the next step (module two) where you will start planning your course and working on lesson plans.
Included in the price:
- Course material: Teachers' Handbook
- Lunch and refreshments.