B2-C1 English Book Club
English Book Club: Bestsellers in focus
Do you love great stories? Do books inspire you so much you long to talk about them? Share your views with fellow students in a cosy atmosphere led by novelist Lakambini 'Bing' Sitoy, author of Sweet Haven.
This term the discussion centers around Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier, ISBN 0006513204. Who are the main characters? What are the conflicts? How does the plot unfold? How is the time and place evoked? What themes can you spot?
We will be reading one book on this course. Each session, a section or aspect of the book will be the starting point for our discussion, which can be about art creation, domestic life, similar novels or stories, indeed anything you would like to share.
Please buy or borrow a copy of the book, before the course, and prepare for each session by reading the assigned sections:
- Girl with a Pearl Earring: Part 1 "1664"
- Girl with a Pearl Earring: Part 2 "1665"
- Girl with a Pearl Earring: Part 3 "1666" and "1667"
- Girl with a Pearl Earring: Film reviews, interview
The Moodle learning platform
Moodle is the online course platform of Studieskolen, which we use for all our courses. You will be given personal access to your course Moodle page, where you can:
- Find guide questions and articles
- Watch videos and click on links to useful English resources on the Internet uploaded by your teacher
- Find practical information about each lesson
- Communicate with your teacher and fellow students
- Follow the teaching and catch up if you are ill or absent during the course
Book club dates - 23/09, 28/10, 25/11 and 16/12.
Note! We expect that we can run the course as normal classroom instruction. However, we always follow the authorities' recommendations. Therefore, in August we will take stock of the situation and make any necessary adjustments to the courses. For example, in relation to how many students can sit in a room or whether or not we need to change a course to online teaching and the like.