C1 Academic Writing
This course is for you if you are an advanced or upper-intermediate user of English and would like to improve your writing for scholastic or professional purposes.
On the course, you will improve your written English through a variety of exercises, including:
- Organizing information to describe a system or a process
- Summarising and paraphrasing texts
- Presenting arguments in a clear and effective manner
You will also be able to build and broaden your vocabulary and discover what language is appropriate in formal contexts, such as for proposals or reports or in practical situations such as writing emails to colleagues. You are encouraged to write and/or revise material that is relevant to your work or your academic studies.
Furthermore, you will be able to develop your presentational skills, discuss ideas with your fellow students, and give and receive constructive feedback.
Material will come from a variety of sources and be handed out in class or via the on-line learning platform Moodle.
The Moodle learning platform
Moodle is Studieskolen's online course platform, which we use for all our courses. You will be given personal access to your course Moodle page, where you can:
- Find your course plan and teaching material
- Find homework
- Watch videos and click on links to useful English resources on the Internet uploaded by your teacher
- Find practical information about each lesson
- Communicate with your teacher and fellow students
- Follow the teaching and catch up if you are ill or absent during the course
Note! We expect that we can run the course as normal classroom instruction. However, we always follow the authorities' recommendations. Therefore, in August we will take stock of the situation and make any necessary adjustments to the courses. For example, in relation to how many students can sit in a room or whether or not we need to change a course to online teaching and the like.