As a professional you might be asked to give presentations in English about subjects that you are used to presenting on in Danish.
While you may be good at English and knowledgeable in your subject, when you give the presentations in English, you may lack the words needed to cement your ideas together.
In Presenting in English, you will learn and practise the vocabulary needed for every part of the presentation. We address grammatical issues, such as present and future continuous tenses (-ing forms) as needed.
The course will be tailored to your specific needs and will typically address the following issues:
- Getting started - Formal and informal introductions, stating your purpose, effective openings
- Moving on - Signposting: moving from one part of the presentation to the next, survival tactics
- Visuals - Introducing visuals, commenting on visuals
- Trends - Describing company trends, change and development, cause, effect and purpose
- Questions - Clarification, answering questions, dealing with hostile questions
- Sales - Presenting a product, pitching an idea
- Using you voice - Articulation, stress, intonation
- Techniques - Emphasis, rhetorical questions, tripling, power words, metaphors
Course format and price for one-to-one instruction
4 weeks (2.5 hours per week): DKK 6.600
8 weeks (2.5 hours per week): DKK 13.200
25% VAT will be added. You may reschedule your session free of charge if you need to travel.
Classes can take place at Studieskolen in Borgergade or at your company address (at a surcharge if it is outside Copenhagen).