B2 - C1 English Book Club
English Book Club: Bestsellers in focus
Do you love great stories? Do books inspire you so much you long to talk about them? Share your views with fellow students in a cosy atmosphere led by novelist Lakambini 'Bing' Sitoy, author of Sweet Haven. This term the discussion centers around bestsellers. Who are the main characters? What are the conflicts? How does the plot unfold? Is the time and place of the story important? What themes can you spot?
Each session, a bestselling title will be the starting point for our discussion. We will be reading one book per month, beginning with Michelle Obama's autobiography Becoming. Please buy a copy of each book, before the course, and prepare for each session by reading the assigned title:
- Becoming by Michelle Obama ISBN 9781524763138
- The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood ISBN 9781784873189
- The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn ISBN 9780008234157
- A book that the group will decide upon.
The Moodle learning platform
Moodle is the online course platform of Studieskolen, which we use for all our courses. You will be given personal access to your course Moodle page, where you can:
- Find guide questions and articles
- Watch videos and click on links to useful English resources on the Internet uploaded by your teacher
- Find practical information about each lesson
- Communicate with your teacher and fellow students
If you are ill or absent during the course, you can always follow the teaching and catch up via Moodle.
The book club dates are 25.9., 23.10., 20.11. and 18.12.