B1+ - B2 Australian Culture and Society
Australian Culture and Society
Everyone has heard of Australia's laidback culture of sun and surf, of its unique animals such as kangaroos and koalas, and are perhaps aware of a few names in entertainment. However, do you know what plastic bank notes, dual flush toilets and wine casks have in common? Have you ever heard any aboriginal music? Do you know what percentage of Australians were born overseas? If not, then perhaps Studieskolen's new cultural series is of interest to you.
The class will be hosted by English teacher and Australian, Shellie Hansen. It comprises four themes and is aimed at participants with intermediate to upper-intermediate English skills B1+ - B2. Each session will include a presentation, discussion, short film clips and music. The sessions are a fun way to learn more about Australia and discuss the topics in English with fellow participants.
The four themes are:
- Aboriginal Australia - art, music and things you should know
- Australian innovation and cultural exports
- The facts about migration
- Australian identity today
The Moodle learning platform
Moodle is the online course platform of Studieskolen, which we use for all our courses. You will be given personal access to your course Moodle page, where you can:
- Find teaching material
- Watch videos and click on links to useful English resources on the Internet uploaded by your teacher
- Find practical information about each lesson
- Communicate with your teacher and fellow students
If you are ill or absent during the course, you can always follow the teaching and catch up via Moodle.