B2.2 Business English Communication
Develop your English language skills for the workplace
This course is for you if you are already a competent user of English, but you want to develop your speaking and writing skills further in connection with your work. You will have the opportunity to focus on the areas in which you feel you need the most training. The goal of the course is that you improve your skills further and become confident when communicating in English so you are better able to handle the challenges of your job.
Each week, we will focus on key aspects of English for the workplace such as:
- Diplomatic vs direct language in writing
- Formal and informal language
- Handling interruptions, arguments and questions during meetings
- Replying to tough questions during presentations or interviews
- Short messaging vs emails vs letters
- Exchanging pleasantries as a part of networking
- Vocabulary building
We will use communicative tasks to practise the English skills needed to be effective in common workplace scenarios such as:
The course is not based on a course book. Instead your teacher will provide all the teaching material, which is taken from a variety of interesting and relevant sources and is included in the price. Throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to share your opinions and ideas with your fellow students. You will develop your skills in a relaxed and friendly environment to help you succeed in the workplace.
Overview of the course layout and material
You will receive access to our online digital platform, Moodle. Moodle provides a comprehensive overview of the entire course. You will also be able to contact your classmates and discuss the activities taking place in your class.
On Moodle you can:
- see the plan for the course, the individual teaching sessions and homework
- see teaching materials including extra materials such as videos
- communicate with your teacher and your fellow students
- follow up and catch up on lessons missed if you are absent during the course
There is a maximum of 10 students in this class.