This course is aimed at highly educated professionals employed in an academic capacity and is suitable for non-Danes as well as native Danish speakers.
We typically work with material from the student’s workplace and focus on developing vocabulary, sentence structure, grammar, syntax and other disciplines that are expected of people who have an academic position. Our teachers delve into the specialised vocabulary and terminology of the student’s profession, for example law, economics, science and technology and design lessons that incorporate these expressions.
By the end of the course, the student will:
- be comfortable with the rules regarding Danish syntax and punctuation,
- have a deep knowledge of Danish grammar,
- understand how to use foreign words and relevant professional terminology,
- have developed a varied and coherent writing style,
- be able to produce high-quality professional written assignments.
The length of the course will depend on the students' level of Danish and their individual objectives. A typical course would begin with 20 lessons over a period of 10 weeks. Students will receive homework assignments between classes.