Technical English is aimed at anyone who needs to improve their technical English in a given area. This could be, for example, engineers, laboratory personnel, or employees who work with IT, electronics etc.
The course will take as a starting point the participants’ language level, their professional needs and the requirements from the company regarding the employees’ language skills. The course will serve to develop the language skills within the area decided upon by the participants and the instructor, e.g.:
- Practicing technical terms
- Recognizing and using the stylistic characteristics of technical English
- Writing manuals
- Developing usable vocabulary lists
- Practicing the necessary grammar and pronunciation
- To be able to use the appropriate technical expressions
- To express oneself with precision and confidence
- To communicate suitably with colleagues, customers and business partners
The course can be arranged for a group or an individual and can take place either at your company or at Studieskolen’s premises on Borgergade.
To ensure consistent results, we recommend a course of 30 lessons (a lesson is 45 minutes) which would run over a period of 15 weeks. In addition to classroom time, the participants will be expected to use an equal amount of time on homework assignments.